Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Bruins Game Threads' started by Dummy Hoy, Jun 4, 2017.
For breath holding. And number of sharks shot in the fricking face!
I broke a guy's nose in pickup last night. He's very good (much younger and better than I), but he should have led me over the blue line. Instead he cut to the middle across me. In an effort to avoid him (he's also much bigger than me) I threw on the brakes and b/c he was cutting in front of me I pulled my arms up short. He cut behind me at the last second and caught one of my elbows in the beak. It didn't feel that bad, but he was swelling up pretty good about 4 minutes later. Sucks. Not really my fault and he was cool about it, but it's hard to not feel bad.
I broke someone's face with an attempted ice on a PK that went into the benches. Will never take my cage off after that.
I killed a guy.
With a trident.
Now that its done airing, can we talk about season 8? Shit got dark quickly. Mad respect to them for going all gritty and trying to tell a story that was VERY outside the Archer-verse. Seriously though, the last-supper shot with Drexler was just fucked up.
Haven't really watched this season. Is it any good?
It is, but I'm honestly convinced Tarantio guest-directed this season. It gets shockingly violent in places. Its film-noir, but with modern tolerance for gore.
Words can't describe how happy I am that I found this video online. This WAS my childhood. I probably watched this VHS tape 200 times.
I was at game one of the SCF. Did not stay until the end.
Also, Zac Rinaldo finally made himself useful with a funny on twitter.
6 years ago today....
I shudder to think how miserable I'd be today had Thimas not stood on his head for those couple of months.
I am not a Ryan Lambert guy, but this is an absolute ethering.
Murphy was an asshole to Pete Blackburn (who was laid off by Fox) today too.
I think Jimmy Murphy is the worst sports writer in the world. He was trying to push rumors at the draft that Claude Girouz was actively being shopped.
He should be fired yesterday, and banned from all sporting events. He's a disaster,a fraud, and a terrible writer.
Spittin Chicklets this week is great- Kevin Hayes and Johnny Gaudreu. Awesome boston-centric hockey shit talk.
Most interesting piece to me (outside of the reminder they went 4 for 4 in the Beanpot...not a big deal, sucks to BU, etc.) was GaudreAu talking about how he was hampered with his contract because he burned an ELC year for a couple games.
So I know we've got a bunch of golfers here- I need some advice. I don't know/understand golfing culture/etiquette at all.
I'm filling out a second 4some this thursday for a group of hockey coaches. We're going to be at the Ridge Club in Sandwich (I know...). Couple of questions-
1. They know I suck...I can whack some high numbered irons pretty straight but I haven't played a round in 20 years. They're okay with me sucking, I'm okay with sucking...that said, what should I do out there? Play fast, yeah? Pick up if I'm way behind? What is going to keep everyone else happy?
2. Do I need golf shoes? I will buy some nicer shorts and I have a few polo shirts, but I'd rather not buy golf shoes. I'm not planning on making a habit of this.
3. I need to bring my own balls...how many do I need? Do I need a ball marker for the greens?
1. Play ready golf. That means always being ready to hit once it's your turn. Have your club picked out and your plan of attack. Take only one practice swing except near the green.
3. Minimum of 6 (two sleeves). A dime is a perfectly fine ball marker.
1. You've got it right. Don't feel like you have to rush every shot. Just be aware that if you get in a spot where you're holding people up just pick your ball up and move on.
2. No need for golf shoes. Running shoes/sneakers suffice.
3. I'd probably being 20ish balls. You should be able fo find a big bag of used range balls that you can get for a few bucks. Loose change is fine for marking your ball on the green.
Awesome, thanks guys.
So if I'm way behind I can just pick up, walk up to where one of my partners is and drop in there without causing a fuss?
Just remember FIDO. Fuck it, drive on. You're playing for fun, not for a score. If you're having fun and everyone else seems to be having fun then just relax and hit from wherever. If you hit it into the woods or tall grass, fuck it. Go hit from somewhere else.
So, I just moved to Summerside, PEI, which is a cute little city in eastern Canada. Driving home, I saw a kid walking down the road wearing a Shawn Thornton Bruins player tee. I think I'll be fine here.
Charlie McAvoy was on Spittin' Chiclets this week. Excellent as always.
Hockey players playing hockey.
Great to see Lauzon, would love to see him get at least 9 NHL games to start the season. I think he could be this year's Carlo. Except better at hockey </hot take>
Anyone have the presale code for B's tickets? A friend is trying to grab Rangers tickets but the one he has isn't working.