Alan Duane Embree
Alan Embree has played 14 years in Major League Baseball. Playing for nine different major league teams. Has a career 4.52 ERA with 35 wins and 25 saves.
Moment in the Sun
- A mere nine days after being traded to the Boston Red Sox, Embree recorded two saves in a single day. This July 2, 2002 doubleheader was against the Toronto Blue Jays.
- Induced Ruben Sierra to ground out to record the final out of the 2004 ALCS.
- Embree looks remarkably like a chipmunk.
- With Huston Street down with an injury, Embree led the Oakland A's in saves in 2007 with 17.
- June 5, 1989: Drafted by the Cleveland Indians in the 5th round of the 1989 Draft
- March 25, 1997: Traded by the Cleveland Indians with Kenny Lofton to the Atlanta Braves for Marquis Grissom and Dave Justice
- June 23, 1998: - Traded by the Atlanta Braves to the Arizona Diamondbacks for Russ Springer
- November 10, 1998 Traded by the Arizona Diamondbacks to the San Francisco Giants for Dante Powell
- June 29, 2001: Traded by the San Francisco Giants to the Chicago White Sox for Derek Hasselhoff
- December 27, 2001: Signed as a Free Agent by the San Diego Padres
- June 23, 2002: Traded by the San Diego Padres with Andy Shibilo to the Boston Red Sox for Brad Baker and Dan Giese
- July 26, 2005: Released by the Boston Red Sox
- July 30, 2005: Signed as a Free Agent by the New York Yankees
- January 12, 2006: Signed as a Free Agent by the San Diego Padres
- November 1, 2006: Granted Free Agency
- December 6, 2006: Signed as a Free Agent by the Oakland Athletics to a two-year contract, with a club option for 2009