I've owned 7 Pats jerseys in my life (I am currently 39):
1) Terry Glenn (away) - think I got this for Christmas in 1996. I loved Terry Glenn. I loved him at OSU, I was psyched when the Pats drafted him, was psyched for his future after that rookie year. Unfortunately injuries etc. derailed him but man was he fun to watch.
2) Lawyer (home) - got this one during the magical 2001 season. Loved Lawyer, how hard he played, how hard he hit.
3) Seymour (home) - got this one during the 2003 season after Lawyer had been cut. This one lasted a good long while. Wore it to XXXVIII in Houston.
4) Maroney (away) - this one was actually purchased by my dad during the 2007 playoffs, I think to wear to a Super Bowl party. He never went to Super Bowl parties when the Pats were playing in one. Neither did I. We both went to Super Bowl parties that day. Big mistake. He was obviously disgusted by the Scottish Game, I think he wore the jersey that one time ever then gave it to me. This didn't last long since Maroney was gone after a couple years.
5) Hernandez (away) - yep, I had a Hernandez jersey. Bought it the summer after his rookie year, ahead of the 2011 Super Bowl season. I was pretty high on his future. This one obviously didn't last long either.
6) Chandler Jones (throwback) - solid choice of jersey. Think I bought it after his rookie year. Then of course they traded him after 2015.
7) Brady (color rush) - I never owned any Tom Brady merchandise until sometime after 2014. I personally always found it to be cliche, obvious, whatever. But after the DFG nonsense I wanted to support him, so at first I had a Brady t shirt, then when they debuted the color rush jerseys in 2016 I got one not long thereafter.
I no longer have any of these jerseys - once the players left the team, I got rid of the jerseys. I'm definitely a laundry rooter in that sense. Of all those jerseys, the only one I really wish I had kept (kind of) was the Lawyer one. Not sure if I'll ever buy another, we'll see what happens this year with some of the younger guys. I could see myself going the retired route, with someone like an Edelman, Coates, Tedy or Rodney. Wish they also made those in white (I think you can get an Edelman in white).
Anyway, this has been a fun trip down memory lane.