Week 12 Gamethread

luckiestman

Son of the Harpy
SoSH Member
Jul 15, 2005
27,031
I want the Colts to win out and Saturday to win coach of the year just so I can see Bill Cowher’s face when it happens.
 

Mugsy's Jock

Eli apologist
Lifetime Member
SoSH Member
Dec 28, 2000
14,535
UWS, NYC
Who was the Steelers tight end that had the same goal line bobble against the Pats that screwed Hunter Henry on Thursday?
 

DennyDoyle'sBoil

Found no thrill on Blueberry Hill
SoSH Member
Sep 9, 2008
35,962
AZ
Having a barely articulate former ref in the booth to say that every call is correct for incomprehensible reasons that rarely match what is shown on the screen is some Cold War era Pravda bullshit.
 

ernieshore

Member
SoSH Member
Aug 24, 2006
1,894
The Camel City
Watching at a neighborhood bar in Oregon. Woman next to me has a black and white patterned jacket exactly like a couch my parents had in the 70s in New Hampshire.

What a world.
 

BaseballJones

ivanvamp
SoSH Member
Oct 1, 2015
19,966
Just brutal clock management by Indy here. Absolutely BRUTAL.

You call a timeout after the run because (1) you need to stop the clock, and (2) you need to really think through your best play there.
 

BaseballJones

ivanvamp
SoSH Member
Oct 1, 2015
19,966
That should have been DPI. The Steeler defender definitely had contact, and wasn't looking back at the ball.
 

DennyDoyle'sBoil

Found no thrill on Blueberry Hill
SoSH Member
Sep 9, 2008
35,962
AZ
If PI had been called is there anyone on the planet who believes Parry would have said he didn’t think that was PI?
 

ernieshore

Member
SoSH Member
Aug 24, 2006
1,894
The Camel City
Just brutal clock management by Indy here. Absolutely BRUTAL.

You call a timeout after the run because (1) you need to stop the clock, and (2) you need to really think through your best play there.
But at the beginning of the broadcast they said he “was a leader!” and already “passed many of the tests to be a head coach”.
 

BaseballJones

ivanvamp
SoSH Member
Oct 1, 2015
19,966
I believe the current rules treat head first the same as a feet first slide when it comes to spotting the ball.
That makes no sense (though I understand the protecting the QB angle), because if the QB is running for the end zone and dives for the score and barely crosses the line, that should be a TD. But this rule would spot the ball at the 2 or wherever he started to dive from.
 

Rick Burlesons Yam Bag

Internet Cowboy, Turbo Accelerator, tOSU Denier
Lifetime Member
SoSH Member
Having a barely articulate former ref in the booth to say that every call is correct for incomprehensible reasons that rarely match what is shown on the screen is some Cold War era Pravda bullshit.
I would say that maybe 35% of the time there is something insightful said, or he sees something I didn't necessarily see (usually because of camera angle), but the other 65% of the time you want to launch the "ref in the booth" into the sun along with the guy who threw the flag.

And to be clear, I will look anyone in the eye and say that officiating mistakes/misses are a part of every game and that is OK. But having to hear justification for those errors strikes me as doubling down on cruddy bets.
 

Rick Burlesons Yam Bag

Internet Cowboy, Turbo Accelerator, tOSU Denier
Lifetime Member
SoSH Member
But at the beginning of the broadcast they said he “was a leader!” and already “passed many of the tests to be a head coach”.
That was embarrassing for everyone. Saying that the elephant in the room makes the room look more spacious just makes asses of all in the room.