RealFantasy - Drops/Protections (PREPARING NOW FOR OFFSEASON DRAFT)

Morgan's Magic Snowplow

Member
SoSH Member
Jul 2, 2006
22,583
Philadelphia
The playoffs are not yet concluded but we should probably start preparing for the offseason draft if we want to get at least some of it done before the real NFL draft.
 
As we decided last summer, the framework is this:
 
-Each team decides upon four players to drop from their roster completely (these guys go into the draft pool).
 
-Each team also decides upon 12 players to protect from the draft.
 
-All non-protected players are eligible to be drafted by other teams, except that once a team loses two players in this manner, the rest of their roster becomes protected.
 
-The draft pool therefore consists of all collegians eligible for the NFL draft, all non-rostered players, and all non-protected players.
 
-The draft will last 11 rounds.  Since everybody is losing 4 players through drops and (almost assuredly) two players to other teams, this will grow rosters by 5.
 
I'd like to get this going as soon as possible.  Lets give everybody 10 days to post in this thread their four drops and 12 protected players.
 
The deadline for posting is therefore April 25th at midnight.  Up until that point you can always edit your lists, so post earlier and get it done.
 
 
Teams that need to post their drops/keepers:
 
ESC - New England Patriots
Titoschew - Buffalo Bills
RedOctober - New York Jets
ElCab - Miami Dolphins
SN - Cleveland Ravens
SF121- Bengal Bay Bengals
SSF - Seoul Steelers
KFP/SMU - Austin Browns
JerBear - Houston Texans
Turrable - Karachi Jaguars
MSF - Indianapolis Colts
Scoops/Phragle - Tactical Turtlenecks
OFT - SanBerdoo Raiders
Bakahump - KC Chiefs
SPDougie - San Diego Chargers
Dollar - Denver Broncos
Myt - Dallas Cowboys
Mascho - Washington Redskins
ilol@u - NY Giants
Laddie - Philadelphia Eagles
MysticMerlin - Chicago Bears
dgilpin - Detroit Lions
PDBWake - Green Bay Packers
sleepyjose - Minnesota Vikings
BSJ - Syracuse Snow Falcons
MMS - Mogadishu Buccaneers
WSW - Intercourse Sex Panthers
Saturnian - Sin City Saints
dylanmarsh - Arizona Cardinals
ragnarok - St Louis Rams
DoDM - San Francisco 49ers
DanoooMe - Seattle Seahawks
 

Morgan's Magic Snowplow

Member
SoSH Member
Jul 2, 2006
22,583
Philadelphia
My drops/protections:
 
Four Drops
 
Kai Forbath
Shane Lechler
Isaiah Pead
Jarius Wright
 
Twelve Protected Guys
 
Sam Bradford
Von Miller
Dez Bryant
Michael Floyd
Eric Fisher
Jason Kelce
Mitchell Schwartz
Justin Pugh
Ryan Kerrigan
Eric Weddle
Cortez Allen
Keenan Lewis
 

DanoooME

above replacement level
SoSH Member
Mar 16, 2008
20,032
Henderson, NV
My issue is finding 12 keepers.  I pity the fools that pick guys off of this mess.
 
Drops:
 
Matt Flynn, QB
Jordan Gross, OT, Retired
Antoine Winfield, CB, ditto
Ronnie Brown, RB
 
Keepers:
 
Alfred Morris, RB
Rob Gronkowski, TE
Luke Willson, TE
Matt Kalil, OT
Max Unger, C
Brian Winters, OG
Austin Howard, OT
James Laurinaitis, LB
Sio Moore, LB
Nick Roach, LB
Kam Chancellor, SS
Dashon Goldson, FS
 

Morgan's Magic Snowplow

Member
SoSH Member
Jul 2, 2006
22,583
Philadelphia
Eck'sSneakyCheese said:
I think the Supplemental Draft should be off limits. If you hit on any of those guys you should be rewarded.
Dude we're not changing the rules we voted on. Period. Just post your guys. We can revisit the rules after the draft, as we already agreed.
 

Eck'sSneakyCheese

Member
SoSH Member
May 11, 2011
10,509
NH
Morgan's Magic Snowplow said:
Dude we're not changing the rules we voted on. Period. Just post your guys. We can revisit the rules after the draft, as we already agreed.
 
I thought I'd give it a shot. I have 11 rookies. It seems pretty dumb that I have to give up on some of them after one year.
 

RedOctober3829

Member
SoSH Member
Jul 19, 2005
55,874
deep inside Guido territory
Drops
Geno Smith
Brad Meester
Stephen Peterman
Kyle Love

Keepers
Marshawn Lynch
Danny Woodhead
Dennis Pitta
David DeCastro
Marques Colston
NaVorro Bowman
Aldon Smith
Jeremy Kerley
Andrew Whitworth
Marcus Cannon
Janoris Jenkins
Alan Branch
 

dylanmarsh

Member
SoSH Member
Jul 19, 2005
6,608
Drops
Nnamdi Asomugha
Nate Livings
Ryan Williams
Jerron McMillian

Keepers
Drew Brees
Ray Rice
Daryl Washington
Tyler Eifert
Kyle Long
Dontari Poe
Terrell Suggs
Darnell Dockett
Jeremy Maclin
Chris Snee
Dustin Colquitt
Justin Hunter
 

ElcaballitoMVP

Member
SoSH Member
Nov 19, 2008
3,970
Drops:
Matt Barkley
Connor Barth
TJ Graham
Parys Haralson
 
Keepers:
Keenan Allen
Jordan Cameron
Dwayne Allen
Ryan Clady
Travis Frederick
Mike Pouncey
Larry Warford
Michael Johnson
Star Lotulelei
Clay Matthews
Dee Milliner
Brandon Boykin
 

Dgilpin

Member
SoSH Member
Sep 19, 2006
3,774
PA
Drops
Nate Burelson
Ryan Broyles
Ed Dickson
Adam Podlesh
 
Keepers
Ryan Tannehill
Lesean McCoy
Desean Jackson
Pierre Garcon
Joe Thomas
Andre Smith
Chris Long
Brandon Mebane
Leon Hall
Glover Quinn
Matt Prater
Willie Young
 

soxfan121

JAG
Lifetime Member
SoSH Member
Dec 22, 2002
23,043
Drops
Brandon Moore (OL)
Nick McDonald (OL)
Armond Armstead (DL)
Drew Butler (P)
 
Keepers
Tom Brady
Andre Ellington
Victor Cruz
Kendall Wright
Mike Iupati
Phil Loadholt
Evan Dietrich-Smith
Cameron Jordan
Kiko Alonso
Corey Liuget
Athyba Rubin
William Moore
 

JerBear

Member
SoSH Member
Nov 11, 2006
1,588
Leeds, ME
Drop:
Stanford Routt
Brian Urlacher
Brandon Lloyd
Nick Toon
 
Keep:
Matt Ryan
Marcus Lattimore
Anquan Boldin
Branden Albert
Nick Mangold
Robert Mathis
Linval Joseph
Paul Soliai
Derrick Johnson
Brandon Browner
Brandon Ghee
Dwight Lowery
 

Titoschew

Member
SoSH Member
Jun 28, 2006
3,283
Chip Woolley's Trailer
Drops:
Shayne Graham
Steve Gregory
Brice McCain
Erik Pears
 
Protected:
Ben Rapist
Julio Jones
Antonio Brown
Riley Cooper
Nate Solder
Alex Mack
Jabaal Sheard
Sean Weatherspoon
DeAndre Levy
Corey Leomonier
Kraig Urbik
Jimmy Smith
 

Super Nomario

Member
SoSH Member
Nov 5, 2000
14,059
Mansfield MA
CUTS:
Richard Seymour
James Harrison
Derek Cox
David Akers
 
KEEPERS:
Colin Kaepernick
Giovani Bernard
Michael Crabtree
Hakeem Nicks
Anthony Castonzo
Alex Boone
Anthony Davis
Quinton Coples
Haloti Ngata
Bruce Irvin
Stephon Gilmore
Kenny Vaccaro
 

DaughtersofDougMirabelli

Member
SoSH Member
Jan 17, 2006
3,016
DROP
Rolando McClain
Tony Gonzalez
Johnathan Franklin
Philip Adams
 
KEEP
Eli Manning
Muhammad Wilkerson
Brian Orakpo
Jairus Byrd
Eugene Monroe
Mike Wallace
Andy Levitre
Lamarr Houston
Brent Grimes
Danny Amendola
Phil Taylor
Dion Jordan
 

bakahump

Well-Known Member
Lifetime Member
SoSH Member
Jan 8, 2001
7,636
Maine
KC Chiefs
 
Drops
Josh Freeman
BJ Coleman
Larry Foote
Kurt Coleman
 
 
12 Keepers
1. Joe Haden
2. Aqib Talib
3. Everson Griffin
4. Dwan Edwards
5. Jason Pierre-Paul
6. Jake Long
7. Julian Edleman
8. Chris Johnson
9. Matthew Slater
10. Jo-Lonn Dunbar
11. Nick Hardwick
12. Micheal Oher
 

mascho

Kane is Able
SoSH Member
Nov 30, 2007
14,952
Silver Spring, Maryland
Drops:
 
1. Kerry Rhodes
2. Gerald Hodges
3. Lawrence Okoye
4. Khalif Barnes
 
Keeps:
 
1. Joe Flacco
2. Vernon Davis
3. Trent Williams
4.  Alshon Jeffery
5. Sheldon Richardson
6. Greg Hardy
7. Alec Ogletree
8. DeAndre Hopkins
9. LeVeon Bell
10.Gosder Cherilus
11. Kareem Jackson
12.Nick Fairley
 

Old Fart Tree

the maven of meat
Lifetime Member
SoSH Member
Jan 10, 2001
14,294
Boulder, CO
Ukiah Raiders
 
Drops:
Tim Tebow
Jahvid Best
Patrick Chung
Corey Webster
 
Keepers
Josh Sitton
Kawann Short
Sebastian Janikowski
Aaron Rodgers
Justin Tuck
Ryan Kalil
Wes Welker
Russell Okung
Carl Nicks
Josh Chapman
David Bakhtiari
Henry Melton
Jonathan Babineaux
 

Phragle

wild card bitches
SoSH Member
Jan 1, 2009
13,154
Carmine's closet
Morgan's Magic Snowplow said:
The deadline for posting is therefore April 25th at midnight.  Up until that point you can always edit your lists, so post earlier and get it done.
 
Or else what? There are some owners I haven't seen around lately.
 
 
SMU_Sox said:
General question - are we allowed to make trades?
 
If we allow trades negotiations should be public. We should have a trade thread or something.
 

soxfan121

JAG
Lifetime Member
SoSH Member
Dec 22, 2002
23,043
phragle said:
 
Or else what? There are some owners I haven't seen around lately.
 
I think we take a best-effort guess at their lists and make them live with the results. Time marches on.
 

Kenny F'ing Powers

posts way less than 18% useful shit
SoSH Member
Nov 17, 2010
14,598
Yeah, we never got a hard answer on this, I believe. 
 
We don't have any trades lined up, but if we still have over a week to handle keepers/cuts, it would obviously change our mindset a little.
 

Phragle

wild card bitches
SoSH Member
Jan 1, 2009
13,154
Carmine's closet
Old Fart Tree said:
Why should negotiations be public?
 
I think it will be easier, and no one will scream collusion (cough Eck)
 
If I said "Ok Calais Campbell is available", instead of handling 30 separate PMs I can let the best offer work itself out.
 
soxfan121 said:
 
So we can laugh at them.
 
What do you want for Mike Adams?
 

Super Nomario

Member
SoSH Member
Nov 5, 2000
14,059
Mansfield MA
phragle said:
 
I think it will be easier, and no one will scream collusion (cough Eck)
 
If I said "Ok Calais Campbell is available", instead of handling 30 separate PMs I can let the best offer work itself out.
 
 
What do you want for Mike Adams?
Wait is Calais Campbell really available?
 

ElcaballitoMVP

Member
SoSH Member
Nov 19, 2008
3,970
I think a trade thread is a good idea but I don't know that negotiations have to be made in public. 
 
Teams can use the trade thread to announce players on the block, what they're looking for in return and any agreed-to deals, but offers can still go through PM's. This will also help cut down on the clutter in the thread. 
 
By the way, Ryan Clady and Mike Pouncey are on the block. 
 

Phragle

wild card bitches
SoSH Member
Jan 1, 2009
13,154
Carmine's closet
Super Nomario said:
Wait is Calais Campbell really available?
 
Realistically? No, but I think in theory everyone is available at the right price. I just can't imagine what it would take to get Campbell.
 
ElcaballitoMVP said:
I think a trade thread is a good idea but I don't know that negotiations have to be made in public. 
 
Teams can use the trade thread to announce players on the block, what they're looking for in return and any agreed-to deals, but offers can still go through PM's. This will also help cut down on the clutter in the thread. 
 
By the way, Ryan Clady and Mike Pouncey are on the block. 
 
So clutter is what you're worried about?
 
What would you want for Pouncey?
 

ElcaballitoMVP

Member
SoSH Member
Nov 19, 2008
3,970
phragle said:
 
Realistically? No, but I think in theory everyone is available at the right price. I just can't imagine what it would take to get Campbell.
 
 
So clutter is what you're worried about?
 
What would you want for Pouncey?
 
Well I think it's more realistic if negotiations aren't in public and yeah, I'd rather not read 6 posts in a row going back and forth on the value of some guy I have no interest in. 
 
As for a Pouncey deal, I'm looking to upgrade at WR/S/LB/HB. I'll take a look at your team and see if there's a match. 
 

Morgan's Magic Snowplow

Member
SoSH Member
Jul 2, 2006
22,583
Philadelphia
SMU_Sox said:
General question - are we allowed to make trades?
 
No.  If we had a big discussion about trades starting a few months ago, maybe it would have been possible.  But there's no way that we're going to have a substantial discussion, a league wide vote, and then some kind of reasonable trading period when we want to get the draft started in 10 days.
 
More generally, we voted on the rules last summer and it was a big pain in the ass.  We decided that we would operate under those rules through this draft and then have a period to evaluate and potentially vote on rules again over the summer.  That's what we decided - by vote - and so that's what we should stick with. 
 

SMU_Sox

queer eye for the next pats guy
SoSH Member
Jul 20, 2009
9,072
Philly
You assume I remember the rules we agreed on? Please don't. SMU's brain is somewhat fried right now. He's even talking about himself in the 3rd or 4th person. SMU was merely inquiring what the fuck we agreed too as he can't remember his ass from yesterday.
 

Phragle

wild card bitches
SoSH Member
Jan 1, 2009
13,154
Carmine's closet
Morgan's Magic Snowplow said:
 
No.  If we had a big discussion about trades starting a few months ago, maybe it would have been possible.  But there's no way that we're going to have a substantial discussion, a league wide vote, and then some kind of reasonable trading period when we want to get the draft started in 10 days.
 
More generally, we voted on the rules last summer and it was a big pain in the ass.  We decided that we would operate under those rules through this draft and then have a period to evaluate and potentially vote on rules again over the summer.  That's what we decided - by vote - and so that's what we should stick with. 
What would we need to vote on? It's not like anyone is forcing anyone to trade like we are forced to release players. If someone doesn't want to trade they don't have to.
 

Kenny F'ing Powers

posts way less than 18% useful shit
SoSH Member
Nov 17, 2010
14,598
phragle said:
What would we need to vote on? It's not like anyone is forcing anyone to trade like we are forced to release players. If someone doesn't want to trade they don't have to.
 
I love when you get all, "Oh, you want A? Whats wrong with B?! BOOM!"
 
Or something like that.
 

ElcaballitoMVP

Member
SoSH Member
Nov 19, 2008
3,970
I'm fine with no trades. It's something we can discuss for next offseason, I suppose.  
 
I'd also like to implement some sort of system where if you lose a player for the season (retirement, season ending IR, etc), you're allowed to put in a claim for a non-rostered player to replace him for the rest of the season so we aren't left with holes in our lineup. I don't know how we'd handle the rosters in this situation (do you release the player who's out for the season? just add another player to your roster?). We could make these in-season pickups ineligible to be kept by that team the following season so a team can't lose a Megatron for the season and stumble into another stud receiver who comes out of nowhere. '
 
For example, I lost my kicker and a LB before the season started and my starting LT and TE within the first two weeks of the season. It would've been nice if I could've filled in those spots to field a full squad. 
 

DaughtersofDougMirabelli

Member
SoSH Member
Jan 17, 2006
3,016
ElcaballitoMVP said:
I'm fine with no trades. It's something we can discuss for next offseason, I suppose.  
 
I'd also like to implement some sort of system where if you lose a player for the season (retirement, season ending IR, etc), you're allowed to put in a claim for a non-rostered player to replace him for the rest of the season so we aren't left with holes in our lineup. I don't know how we'd handle the rosters in this situation (do you release the player who's out for the season? just add another player to your roster?). We could make these in-season pickups ineligible to be kept by that team the following season so a team can't lose a Megatron for the season and stumble into another stud receiver who comes out of nowhere. '
 
For example, I lost my kicker and a LB before the season started and my starting LT and TE within the first two weeks of the season. It would've been nice if I could've filled in those spots to field a full squad. 
 
I think the hope is that we will continue to add depth so that we have the bench players to fill in those spots.
 
That doesn't fix losing your kicker. Maybe we look into allowing Ks & Ps to be added mid season if lost to IR. Or maybe some sort of league-wide Taxis Squad that we make up before the season to pop in for those lost players. This way they can't add the 'hot' kicker, and they just get whoever is next in the taxi. 
 

soxfan121

JAG
Lifetime Member
SoSH Member
Dec 22, 2002
23,043
Old Fart Tree said:
I think we should allow trades.
 
You've changed, man. The old you just made trades, rules be damned. Rules are for the phragles of the league, right?
 

Phragle

wild card bitches
SoSH Member
Jan 1, 2009
13,154
Carmine's closet
So we aren't doing the stealing round? I thought that was a pretty popular idea.
 
Morgan's Magic Snowplow said:
No.  If we had a big discussion about trades starting a few months ago, maybe it would have been possible.  But there's no way that we're going to have a substantial discussion, a league wide vote, and then some kind of reasonable trading period when we want to get the draft started in 10 days.
 
More generally, we voted on the rules last summer and it was a big pain in the ass.  We decided that we would operate under those rules through this draft and then have a period to evaluate and potentially vote on rules again over the summer.  That's what we decided - by vote - and so that's what we should stick with. 
 
Trading period? Why would we need that?
 
Kenny F'ing Powers said:
 
I love when you get all, "Oh, you want A? Whats wrong with B?! BOOM!"
 
Or something like that.
 
What do you mean? I just don't know what the big deal is. Who would vote against trades? I think the interest in this could use a boost. I think trades would make it more fun. It would also really help out people like OFT and Baka who took over teams from bad owners. What if OFT hates Aaron Rodgers? I know I hate Aaron Rodgers. He should be able to trade Aaron Rodgers. As long as one team is dumping players, I don't see the issue.
 
DaughtersofDougMirabelli said:
 
I think the hope is that we will continue to add depth so that we have the bench players to fill in those spots.
 
That doesn't fix losing your kicker. Maybe we look into allowing Ks & Ps to be added mid season if lost to IR. Or maybe some sort of league-wide Taxis Squad that we make up before the season to pop in for those lost players. This way they can't add the 'hot' kicker, and they just get whoever is next in the taxi. 
 
Hey do you have Madden? A bunch of the draft writers on twitter did an exercise like this, and one writer (Shane Hallam) put the rosters on Madden. He said if you turn injuries off you don't need to create full rosters. I don't have Madden (or a working PS3), but if one of us does we could quickly simulate the Super Bowl, or even the conference championship games too. Shouldn't take more than 20 minutes to create two quick rosters.
 
Old Fart Tree said:
I think we should allow trades.
 
I don't see why not. I'm going to start a poll. Maybe the results will be strong enough to change MMS's mind.
 

DaughtersofDougMirabelli

Member
SoSH Member
Jan 17, 2006
3,016
phragle said:
Hey do you have Madden? A bunch of the draft writers on twitter did an exercise like this, and one writer (Shane Hallam) put the rosters on Madden. He said if you turn injuries off you don't need to create full rosters. I don't have Madden (or a working PS3), but if one of us does we could quickly simulate the Super Bowl, or even the conference championship games too. Shouldn't take more than 20 minutes to create two quick rosters.
 
I don't, but I do have a PS3 and should be able to get my hands on a copy.
 

Phragle

wild card bitches
SoSH Member
Jan 1, 2009
13,154
Carmine's closet
No, that why I asked DDM if he had it. We didn't do it during the season because of the huge amount of time we thought it would take, but if we only need to do 2-4 rosters it shouldn't take much more than an hour.
 

Scoops Bolling

Member
SoSH Member
Jun 19, 2007
5,987
Drops:
AQ Shipley
Brian Quick
Tyrod Taylor
Taylor Thompson
 
Protect:
RG3
Percy Harvin
Sean Lee
Jason Worilds
Jamie Collins
Calais Campbell
Fletcher Cox
Ben Grubbs
Sam Shields
Clint Boling
Shane Vereen
Lane Johnson