more expedient calling of plays into the huddle (thus cutting way down on Delay of Game penalties).
I 100% agree. I also think this was a huge flaw of BOB last year. So often Alabama would break huddle with like 10-15 seconds on the play clock, Bryce Young would kill count, and they'd be undisciplined at the LOS and often get delay of games. Just utter disorganization I can't recall watching under other Saban-coached teams.
Other Bama OCs under Saban, for @Marciano490
1) Steve Sarkisian, unspectacular in Atlanta replacing Shanny in 2017 and roughly half of 2018.
2) Mike Locksley, never an NFL job
3) Major Applewhite, ditto
3) Lane Kiffin, 2007-08 Raiders was a very different period of life for Joey Freshwater and his philosophy between then and now at Ole Miss. Also, JaMarcus Russell. Incomplete in more ways than the LSU product's arm.
4) Jim McElwain. Only spent a single year in the NFL coaching-wise, as Oakland's QB coach in 2006. 2-14, led by passers Andrew Walter and Aaron Brooks.
5) Doug Nussmeier, Rams QB coach from 2006-07, Cowboys TE coach 2018-19, and QB coach 2020-present. I can't fully evaluate this but he seems like he's had the most success of these guys, with one exception...
6) Brian Daboll. I'm not as sure about the Giants doing nearly as well next season, felt they were very lucky. But to me, he's clearly a sharp, excellent mind that has translated back and forth between the college and NFL game.