OK. We need to move this forward. I've tried to compile all the proposals into 1 list below. Are we letting the comp committee decide on the rules and dates for the supplemental draft? I don't think we'll ever get a complete vote of the whole league done.
Proposal - IR/Retire (ElCab & Eck):
If a player is put on season ending IR, retires, arrested for murder, etc the RFP team may release that player and replace them with a free agent. Alternatively we could create some number of IR slots (1 or 2) where you could move a player to the IR slot and pick up a free agent. At the end of the season the free agent replacements would be released and the IR player reinstated.
Proposal - Trades (Eck plus others):
Consensus was that trades are a good idea.
Proposal - Supplemental Draft (Eck)
- When should the trading period start? I'm guessing immediately.
- Player(s) for player(s) should be proposed through a pm. If accepted the one who proposed the trade should then post it here I guess. (I'll change the title.)
- People with access to the Google Doc can change the players after the committee votes on the trade and approves.
- Only two teams can trade at a time.
- All trades should be equal in quantity so that rosters remain even.
- I'll propose that the trade deadline coincides with the RL one.
- People seem to be iffy on the picks so unless we can come to some sort of agreement I say we don't include picks, at least this year, to see how this trading period goes.
- Any other questions or comments please feel free to speak up.
Two rounds sometime after the 2nd game. Perhaps a few extra rounds for people to replace IR/Retired. Same order as the preseason draft. I'm suggesting we start the supplemental draft Monday, August 25
with the same time windows as the preseason draft. This is after the conclusion of all week 3 preseason games but before the first round of cutdowns. I wanted to push out until after the first cutdowns but that gets close to the point where we won't be finishing until the regular season starts.
Proposal - Stealing (Eck)
Change it to 1 round and the team losing a player gets a 3rd round pick from the team gaining a player.
Proposal - Roster Size (Phragle)
Have the supplemental draft but then keep rosters about the size they are now. Change drop procedure at the end of the season to at least 4 players
and allow extra rounds at the end of the draft to fill up rosters to the appropriate size.
Anything I missed? If we're letting the committee decide on things we'll likely start with this list so let us know.
Also, if there are any "depth chart" changes people would like made on the spreadsheet please PM me. I'm going to work on cleaning it up later this week and will shift people around as needed. After the supplemental draft I'm willing to make depth chart graphics if people want. I'll just need you to send what you want your "base" offense and defense to be.